How to Enter
If you would like to enter your dog in the DKC Dog Shows and you are entering for the first time, here are some quick guidelines to get you started. Once you are familiar with some of the key terms and processes, please check out the Exhibitor section that contains information on Benching and Grooming, Premium list, and Judges.
- First your dog must be registered with the AKC
- Your dog must by 6 months of age or older
- Be sure your dog is current on all inoculations
- Learn the proper techniques for grooming and for presenting your dog in the ring
- Become familiar with the AKC rules and regulations for dog shows
- A Judging Program will be sent to you if you are entered after the entries close. The Judging Program will give you your judging time, ring and bench locations. It usually comes out 7 to 10 days prior to the show.
- Find addtional information from the AKC website
You can obtain an entry form from the Show Superindendent - MBF: Phone: (248) 588-5000.